Bowling is a sport for people who have talent to spare!

Amanda Arcy

If I Don't Strike, Spare Me!

Amanda Arcy, Staff Writer
February 6, 2012

Updated February 15, 2012

We’re the home of America’s pastime, America’s Team, and now the largest participatory sport in America…BOWLING!

The Divine Child Boy’s and Girl’s Bowling team has had many new bowlers this year! The Girl’s team lost three of their Seniors last year, but the girl’s were able to recruit four girls that are new to bowling. The boy’s team lost five of their seniors last year, but the boys too were able to recruit a few new bowlers! Both the girl’s and boy’s team had a struggling start, but both teams are improving! On Tuesday January 24, both teams won their match against Gabriel Richard. The Girl’s team includes Amanda Arcy, Brittany DeJohn, Alli Dunn, Kelsey Gibson, Kara Lang, and Tina Ripley. The Boy’s team includes Ben Jakes, Ryan Gibson, Warren Bieniak, Alex Muszynski, Monty Wonnacott, Jake Beghun, Vince Kondrath, Sean Vinchinsky, Joe Alestra, and Jacob Earl.

Recently, on February 3,┬áthe Girl’s Varsity bowling team beat the tough team from Ladywood, which was pretty exciting. On February 4, Alex Muszynski placed third place at the Mercy Invitational Tournament. Muszynski placed due to score of 712 series, out of 3 games. His three games to reach his 712 included scores of 245, 290, and 177.

Team bowler, Monty Wonnacott, has placed in the top ten for the past three years for Bowling Regional’s. By placing in the top ten, qualifies those bowlers to go to States. Wonnacott’s freshmen year he placed tenth, his sophomore year ninth, and junior year he placed fifth. February 25 is the date for the boy’s and girl’s Regional’s. Hopefully there be several boy’s and girl’s from Divine Child qualifying for States. The team is cheering for Monty Wonnacott to qualify for State’s for his fourth time!

On Saturday February 11, Amanda Arcy and Monty Wonnacott won medals at their Home Bowling Tournament at Westland Bowl. Amanda Arcy took home one medal for high game of 199, and Monty Wonnacott took home two medals for high game of 226 and high series of 597. Last year was Amanda’s first year bowling, and she was really excited to receive her first bowling medal. Amanda said, “I was nervous to find out whether I won a medal or not, but when I heard my name called I jumped up and was very excited!” Monty Wonnacott too was excited to receive two medals!

Comments

*